Kents Hill School is one of the oldest co-ed boarding schools in the country, located on 400 beautiful acres in Maine. We bring boarding and day students together from across the world to engage in self-discovery and growth, both in and out of the classroom. Diversity, equity, and belonging are integral to our community as we actively strive to be an anti-racist school through consistent and ongoing learning for all. Our caring and deeply engaged faculty members truly know each student, and because of that they are able to create transformational experiences. With student-centered inquiry at its core, the academic curriculum merges the four dimensions of learning (knowledge, skills, character, and reflection) with PBL (project-based learning) to balance academic rigor with strong support. Students also have the opportunity to explore their passions in athletics and the arts and develop leadership potential with over 30 clubs and activities.
This position, with a start date of August 15, 2021, will join a strong Mathematics Department. Our Mathematics offerings begin with Algebra 1 and follow a typical College Prep track through AP Calculus (BC) with an optional or concurrent Statistics/AP Statistics track. We are looking for an individual who is excited and able to teach the full range of Math courses. This full-time teaching position will also advise a group of students, actively participate in the residential life program, and assist with extracurricular activities.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about teaching students to share their love for mathematics
- Committed to developing in all Kents Hill students the kinds of sophisticated problem-solving and critical-thinking strategies needed for success in college and beyond
- Excited to actively collaborate in 4D Academic Curriculum through course design, pedagogy, and assessment
- Able to teach math through the incorporation of real-world applications
- Committed to the entire student experience and wanting to engage with students both inside and outside of the classroom. Typically, this includes:
- Living in a dormitory faculty residence and participating in all aspects of dormitory life.
- Advising a group of students.
- Coaching or assistant coaching for two athletic seasons.
- Culturally competent with skills for engaging with and learning from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
How to Apply: Please send a letter of interest and resume to HR@kentshill.org. Subject Line: Mathematics Teacher.
Kents Hill School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.