Manager of Human Resources
About Kents Hill
Kents Hill School is one of the oldest co-ed boarding schools in the country, located on 400 beautiful acres in Maine. We bring boarding and day students together from across the world to engage in self-discovery and growth, both in and out of the classroom. Diversity, equity, and belonging are integral to our community as we actively strive to be an anti-racist school through consistent and ongoing learning for all. Our caring and deeply engaged faculty members truly know each student, and because of that are able to create transformational experiences. With student-centered inquiry at its core, the academic curriculum merges the four dimensions of learning (knowledge, skills, character, and reflection) with PBL (project-based learning) to balance academic rigor with strong support. Students also have the opportunity to explore their passions in athletics and the arts and develop leadership potential with over 30 clubs and activities.
The Manager of Human Resources is responsible for the timely and accurate administration of all human resource functions including but not limited to employee relations, HR compliance, payroll and benefit administration, onboarding, and personnel policies and procedures. This position is service and solutions oriented and must motivate, deliver, and lead effectively in a residential academic environment. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and works collaboratively with other members of the Business Office, faculty, and staff across the school, as well as external payroll and benefit vendors. This is a full time, 12-month position.
- Responsible for employee benefits including implementing all employee payroll and benefit administration inclusive of retirement plan, health and ancillary insurances, and other employee benefits ensuring effective and timely communication and meeting deadlines such as annual open enrollment.
- Assist administrators and hiring managers/committees with all aspects of hiring including posting positions, managing resumes, setting up interviews or other hiring duties as needed.
- Manage all employee relations, policy, and classification.
- Responsible for the oversight and completeness of personnel files.
- Act as the primary contact for employee questions on employee benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as an HR resource and ensure compliance with federal and state law.
- Assist with and manage employee performance management practices and employee issues/conflict resolution including separations, accommodations, and leaves of absence .
- Support the Business Office in administration of student accounts including MyKidSpending student bank (withdrawals and deposits, ODIN charges, monthly statement distribution and reconciliation, student IDs).
Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Review, prepare and distribution of employee 1095’s and W2 documents
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School or CFO
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years human resources experience and HR certification (SHRM/PHR/SPHR) preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- Outstanding communications, organizational, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com.
Kents Hill School is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.